Monday 2 July 2007

offical time

1:11:20 - 42 sec PB. I'm dissapointed it wasn't more (not that I was expecting it to be) but can't complain given the preparation I did and the glute thing.



a few highlights I thought of last night -



seeing the guy run past the cheersquad in the full in a white singlet and 2 red seeping marks in 2 unfortunate locations - poor fella, I wanted to give him my sachet of sports shield.



The girl in purple who ran past me in the 10k and said "Hi coolrunner"!!



finishing



the fact that i didn't fall over or cause a spill in the congestion of the start :)

And realising there was a payoff for being a larger runner when I could waltz right through the 'medium' t-shirt and medal collectiton queue when all the other girls were waiting for ages in the 'small' and 'x-small' lines!!!

I can walk normally today and the glute is feeling much better - I'm convinced it's a nerve thing as there is no muscle soreness and it's fine to stretch etc, it just seems to be certain positions/movements which causes a sharp stabbing pain and me to catch my breath! It's certainly less frequent today.

5 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Glad you have pulled up well- and I think any PB is a great achievement and you get to imagine what would happen if you had a perfect preparation.

Celeste said...

Well done!! I'd be stoked with that time!!!

Kathy said...

Sarah, congratulations. Oh, and I nearly cried when I read Nikki's race report. You must have been thrilled when you realised what a difference you made to her.

Yes, I had a 'medium' moment today - I bought some thermal tops and there were actually plenty in my size. No XS, hardly any S and no L or XL (unisex, so the guys would have cleared out the larger sizes). Sometimes we're just the perfect size, aren't we?

Peterhorse said...

great stuff Sarah. the photos are out btw...had a look for yours

TA and the Gnome said...

That glute doesn't sound good, but the result does :-)

Congrats on toughing it out, but peterhorse is right - it'd be great to get it fixed 'cause the winter racing season is just beginning and there's some great fun to be had!!

Congrats again.

Gnome