Tuesday 10 July 2007

stuff ...

so, there hasn't been much going on. I've been feeling a bit ordinary. A bit nauseous. Haven't felt much like going to the gym or getting out for a run. I've had a couple of better days this week and have told myself I'll get back to the gym next week.


Surprisingly eating wise I've actually gone off junk food. That said, I have had to eat for what feels like all day every day to fend off the sick feeling. But the thought of eating stuff like chocolate just turns me off even more. So that's a plus!!!


I've been thinking a lot the last couple of weeks about the whole exercise and pregnancy deal. I've never been very confident about my body, let alone my pregnant body and the thought of waddling up to the gym with a pregnant belly is enough to make me want to hibernate for 7 more months. I haven't a clue what I would wear for a start.


When I was pregnant with my first I attended some exercise classes specifically for pregnant women, so it wasn't so bad, we were all in the same boat, although that said, I know a girl who looks so damn good when she's pregnant it's almost a crime. It's just not fair that some women get the "you will look like a graceful fertile goddess" and others get the "you will look like beached whale, puffy, fat and uncomfortable" - where's the justice I ask you?

Anyway, so I'll continue to struggle with that and don't know what will happen.

Max is determined he's having a brother and told me the other day he would be "very cross" if the baby was a sister and was a bit surprised when I told him even I didn't know if it would be a brother or sister. I found out for both Max & Maeve, but this time I'd like a surprise. We'll just have to prepare Max for the fact that it could well be a girl!!

The Japan job is still in the background. A is off to Tokyo for the weekend on the 27th. After that if both parties still wish to proceed we both head over sometime in August to check out housing and schooling ... but the July trip is the most important and we'll hopefully have a much better idea about things after that. I feel a bit in limbo at the moment. Realistically if we were to accept the job I would be going until the end of October because of uni. A may have to go before that, but I hope not. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when/if we get to it.

I was wearing my shirt from the GC 10k the other day and Max says to me "Great shirt Mum"!!! ahhhhh, I love him!! :)

7 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I am so slow! I just re-read your last post to see where this pregnancy news was announced and found the message straight away! (never done a test myself!)

MorseyRuns said...

And I meant to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Tesso said...

Does that mean bubby will be born in Japan?

I saw a couple of pregnant ladies at my gym this morn. Far from thinking of them as beached whales I thought it was wonderful that they well exercising. One was with her trainer and I saw they'd written "Yummy Mummy" on her chart :-)

Talicca said...

Don't you dare go caring what other people think of you in the gym! Everyone is there for the same reasons, and no one is there to judge anyone else. I can understand you not wanting to run, especially if that glute is still bothering you, but don't let it keep you out of the gym. I'm not going to lecture and throw all the research at you, but women who exercise through pregnancy have a marked advantage over those that don't. Trust me, I'm a professional ;)

I've got my fingers crossed for you with the Japan stuff... Hope it all works out just as you want it to :)

Kathy said...

Wow, going off junk food. How convenient.

People love seeing pregnant women - you will be fine at the gym.

I'm looking forward to hearing how A's weekend in Japan goes.

LizN said...

Congratulations, I'm also a Brisbane blogger. Best for a healthy pregnancy
Liz N

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah and congrats on the pregnancy! Haven't had much time to go blog hopping lately and just thought I'd check through some of my links and wow, what news. Hope you are feeling weel and the yucky sickness passes soon.