Thursday 16 August 2007

decision time

Awwww, it's nice to see comments from all of you after so long ... And I'm not even doing any running at the moment for you to comment on. If we go to Japan I'll have to change the title and topics of this blog and will definitely continue it.

Japan japan japan ... Geez, I've never lost so much sleep in my life as I have over the last couple of nights. I'm wasted. We have a deadline for the decision of Friday morning - yup, tomorrow morning.

It's not that we don't want to go - I think we do - there are a lot of uncertainties about the move which complicate the decision. We know we'd come out of the other side of a 3 year stint with financial gains and the experience would be priceless.

But here we have family, a great lifestyle, secure good job, we don't struggle money wise.

Part of me wants to go simply for the adventure and the experience and to make sure I'm not one who stays in the suburbs of Brisbane my whole life doing what I've always done and getting what I've always got.

But the other part of me wants to stay where it's comfortable and the factors are all known and within my comfort zone.

ANYWAY .... just some thoughts. Took the kids 10 pin bowling this morning and not surprisingly has aggravated my sciatica a little - by the end of the day I'll be hobbling. But I won (against a 4 and 2 y.o mind you!)!!!

It was Maeve's birthday on Monday - when I get around to taking the photos off the camera I'll post some.

First round of crunch time coming up at uni this semester. FINAL SEMESTER ... EVER!!! woo hoo!!!!!!! Really interesting subjects, I wish in a way I had more time to devote to it. Will be very relieved when it's all done and dusted.

Pregnancy is going well, aside from the sciatica pain. First check up with the hospital next week. I'm always quietly terrified leading up to those appointments that I'm going to go there and they won't be able to find a heart beat or something terrible will have gone wrong. Silly I know, but I can't help it.

Anyway, it's bed time for my little munchkin - hopefully a nice quiet 2 hr nap ... fingers crossed.

8 comments:

miners said...

so you mean you're changing the blog title back to 'hooray for fatty boombaladahs' or something similar? ;)

Hey, what are the health benefits/systems like over there, bearing in mind your present condition, and the upbringing of young 'uns?

Tesso said...

You know there are a couple of Aussie running bloggers who live in Japan - Steve L (http://variegatus.blogspot.com/) and Scott (http://the-long.blogspot.com/). Maybe they can be of some help with your questions.

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will make the best decision.

One of the guys in my club moved over there earlier this year and he has managed to keep up his running.

Kathy said...

I'm glad you managed to win the ten pin bowling Sarah!

Good luck with the uni work, and I look forward to hearing your decision.

MorseyRuns said...

Sounds like there isn't a wrong decision- if you stay or go, it will be a positive outcome. Hope your hospital visit goes well too. You certainly have a lot going on right now, not to mention your recent victory at the bowling alley!

Talicca said...

Well, considering its now Sunday afternoon, the decision is?.. :) The suspense is killing me!

Peterhorse said...

welcome back! the drun roll continues i see... whatever you do will work out, so don't stress.

Anonymous said...

Well Done on your great 10 pin bowling victory. Take the win and bask in the glory I say. Good Luck with the Japan thing and your 1st check up.