Monday 7 May 2012

Pre-season Task 1

So it begins ...

I've come down with a cold/flu over the weekend so I haven't been exercising - it's all I can manage to keep on top of the day to day house stuff without feeling totally zapped of every bit of energy in my body. So I've been taking it easy. The upside is I can't really be bothered getting up to snack either!!

so the first pre-season task is to list your excuses ... & boy do I have excuses.

I have to say my major roadblocks/excuses are "I'm too tired", "I'm too busy", "I don't have the willpower" and probably too a bit of fear about not being able to achieve what I really want to, proving those who doubt me right and not being sure about who I will be when I lose weight.

I've never been smaller than 70kg in my entire adult life. I was thinking about this last night and trying to recall what I weighed when I got married (13 years ago!). All I know is that I hated my dress, it wasn't what I dreamed of wearing & I didn't feel beautiful. Funnily though, I was much lighter than I am now and RIGHT NOW I would give anything to be that size!!

So I know being a 'magic' number weight wise isn't going to make me happy, I guess I'm afraid that even at a 'magic' weight I'm still going to be unhappy, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep this up for life and the weight will creep back on. I'm afraid of not being able to enjoy the foods I love occasionally, & I'm afraid of forever having to count calories for the rest of my life.

But I have to remember that I'm also afraid of feeling fat & uncomfortable for the rest of my life!

My worst, worst downfall is eating things I know I shouldn't, even when I know I shouldn't eat them, even when I know I will later regret it.

So here are some of my solutions:

I'm going to go to bed earlier - 9:30 at the latest. No more staying up for hours watching tv
I'm not even going to go down the confectionery isle at the supermarket - ever. If I don't buy chocolate I can't eat it can I??
I'm going to schedule my exercise in & make time for meal planning & shopping lists (I know we get this with the 12wbt, but I want to start NOW) & those times will be non negotiable.
I've bought the crunch time dvd for times when kids are sick and I can't get to the gym
I signed up to Thursday morning Boot camp at the park across the road when I don't normally work out on a Thursday - it's no longer a 'day off'

It's been an enlightening task and I'm sure I'll be adding to my list of 'excuses' over the next few weeks.

I like this :

No comments: