Thursday 17 May 2012

So much to say ...

But I don't know where to start!

I think I'm going to have to do another post to back track a bit - it's late and I really should be in bed so I feel motivated to go to my cycle class in the morning ...

But I just wanted to say - I'm down to 91.2kg and my goal is to get under 90kg by the start of the round, which is in 18 days time - totally smashable.

And I wanted to say, I am LOVING having set meals - 2 weeks ago I made the goal that between then and the start of the round I would use meals from the Michelle Bridges No Excuses & Crunchtime cookbooks. It has been such a load off my mind not to wonder each day "what are we going to have for dinner"??? Once a week I sit down for a few moments, look at what's on our calendar and choose some meals for dinners from the cookbooks. The kids have eaten most nights with us, I just modify their meals by adding pasta or rice. Most of the meals have been absolutely delicious and super easy to prepare - who doesn't like that???!!

Tonight we had Mediterranean Lamb shanks with pumpkin and mint - I slow cooked them and they were melt-in-your-mouth supper yummy!!

I am just loving being prepared and knowing what I have to cook each night - it's awesome. I still shop every couple of days because I like to have fresh veggies etc, but I go with a list - Yes!! A List!! who would have thought?!!! Makes it so much easier!

Anyway - it's awesome - did I mention that already?!!

Gotta go to bed. Next post - catch up on pre season tasks 2, 3 & 4 ...

Oh, p.s - been doing boot camp the last 2 weeks on a thursday morning - that's awesome too!! ;)

No comments: