Thursday 19 March 2009

attempt # 1989

well, perhaps not 1989, but something like that.

My baby turned 1 a couple of weeks ago. I'm a bit sad about that, but I was sadder when I saw the photos from our little celebration we held for him. I think I looked 6 mths pregnant again and it totally depressed me.

Before Max was born I had some success at weight watchers. I think it's something to do with the public humiliation and parting with hard earned cash that forces me to be better and more accountable with my diet than I might otherwise.

So in light of the disgusting photos (which really were just the last straw) I dragged my sorry butt back to fat culb 2 weeks ago.

First week I lost 2.7k

This week I lost another 1k.

I have another .86 of a kilo before I reach my first goal of 5% loss - which I should achieve next week.

So I'm blogging about this because it adds another degree of accountability (to who/what I'm not sure) to the whole process. I think it just helps me to write how I feel about it all. It's mainly for myself.

These couple of weeks really haven't been that hard. I think once you resolve to really do something about it, it's easier. I had a little slip up this week, but I think hormones were playing a big role this week.

My main dilemma this week has been trying to decide what gym to join. I'd love to go back to my old gym because it's small, family run, friendly. However, they don't have a large choice of classes or times. My other option is Goodlife which is about a 10 minute drive from the school and a 15 min drive from our place. They have great classes, frequently, more childcare times, more equipment, but I feel intimidated by the bigness and 'trendiness' of the place. And they're more expensive by a couple of hundred dollars ...

decisions.

Next week I have to plan and hold a party for Max - who can believe he's 6.

No comments: