Sunday 22 March 2009

Joined the gym

So, I made a decision and decided to join the Goodlife. Went in on Saturday for an hour which was mainly answering questions, showing me equipment etc etc ...

The guy who showed me around was a trainer there called Simon. He has 2 young kids, so I feel like he appreciates, at least to some degree, that it can be hard with kids sometimes.

I decided to book in with him for PT sessions TWICE (!!) a week until my sister's wedding, which is in May. I have 6 and a half weeks until I have to get on a plan to Darwin for that wedding. I'm hoping to bust my guts and work really hard and try to lose somewhere between 7 and 10 kilos in that time. I still won't be happy with the way I look, but I'll be happier.

Already I feel better, like I'm back in control. I'm making the decisions and have the power to determine if I'm going to do this or not.

I feel positive about it. Leaving the gym on Saturday I felt great. I knew I'd made the right decision.

So first PT is tomorrow. I'm preparing for the pain.

1 comment:

TA and the Gnome said...

Time to trot out my favourite quote from Shrek... "Fiona - This is not how it's supposed to be. I'm supposed to be beautiful. Shrek - ??? But you are beautiful!" :-)

Just remember - if Simon consistently shows that he really cares for you, then he's the right trainer. If you're just another appointment, flick 'im quick smart and pronto! I know - I'm married to a trainer (and she's beautiful too!) :-)

Gnome