Tuesday 24 April 2012

A new beginning

I feel a bit sad coming back to this blog - because I'm 1000 miles away from where I want to be and so much further away from the progress I made over the time I kept this blog and started running. But here's to new beginnings ...

It's been an awfully tough 18/24 mths. I'm not going to go into all the details, but suffice to say we've dealt with some major life changes, including but not limited to the surprise addition of #4, buying a bigger (more expensive, bigger mortgage) house, moving and all that goes along with it and some other personal stuff. I'm ashamed to say I'm heavier than I've ever been - even when 9 months pregnant with my last baby - and more unfit that I ever was.

A couple of months ago I joined back at the gym. I was too embarrassed to go back to Goodlife at Graceville, so I joined at Holland Park. How terrible is that?!! Anyway, it was a bit of a lifesaver getting back to the gym, and I've been enjoying going for 2 or 3 times a week. You know, the usual kid stuff seems to always get in the way - sickness, school commitments, sickness, other appointments, sickness ... get the picture.

I stumbled across the Michelle Bridges 12WBT via a friend's FB 'like' and ummed and ahhed about joining the next round (I'd just missed the first round) - I signed up to indicate my interest and when the reminder email came I thought, 'stuff it, why not'. So here I am, waiting for the 'pre-season' to start in 13 days. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to the structure and not having to think about it. I'm ready to give myself over to the process and whatever is asked of me, put my heart and soul into and desperate to change my life.

I don't want to be fat and unhappy anymore. I've been working on the unhappy part, and I'm getting there, slowly. I'm eager to get started on the fat part ;) Of course, there's nothing stopping me from starting now ... except all the excuses and negative self talk ... in the world! And of course the 'freak, I'm not going to have chocolate for, like, forever. I better eat a block of it, right NOW!'. Old habits die hard. *sigh*

Anyway, I decided to resurrect the blog and write about my journey and progress and in 12 weeks time I'm gonna have some kick butt before/after photos to show! :)

No comments: