Sunday 11 January 2009

I want you back

more and more lately I want to be back running.

there's no reason I can't. no injury. no illness.

just laziness ... I guess.

today i picked up my mp3 player and listened to my running playlist. It had been a while. The thought of returning to running had been playing on my mind for a few months now, but listening to those songs which saw me through many a run, really made me want to get out there, forget whatever is bothering me, and just be me for a little while.

Be me, instead of someone's mother, someone's wife, someone's food source, someone's whatever. Even though all those things are me ... you know.

Anyway, so hopefully what follows over the next few months will be a personal documentation of my attempts to get back running.

IN fact, my sister, Beth, is planning to do a tri this year (october I think) and she's been trying to get me to join her. The run leg I know I can do no problems, it's the others which worry me, but something I'd love to aim for.

I just have to give myself a swift kick up the backside and stop making excuses and just get out there. Stupidly, I'm embarrassed to go back to the gym as I weigh more now than I did before when I was going regularly. Mum said "but you've had a baby" ... well, loads of people have babies and don't put on weight.

I'm one of the unlucky ones who just DOES NOT lose weight breastfeeding. It's like my body clings to every calorie it possibly can in case it needs it ... *sigh*

Well, Lewis self weaned (I have mixed feelings about this) and so that is no longer a problem/excuse. I plan to join the gym once school starts back and we're in more of a routine, me and my extra 10 kilos.

It'd be nice to lose a couple before I had to drag my sorry self into that establishment again, tail between my legs.

So I want the old me back - the old me that was the new me. The old, old me, the one who didn't exercise, who didn't run because "I can't run" ... pffft has been in residence for too long! So I'm going to try and find the old new me - I think she was happier.

2 comments:

miners said...

hey, there's a blast from the past :)

welcome back Sarah - hope you can get yourself moving and back out there one step at a time. Go back to trawling through CR, and try and catch up with some of the brissie runners for coffee sometime. A bit of running talk will get your inspired and back out there before you know it :)

andrew

TA and the Gnome said...

She's baaaakkk! Good to hear from you again, and looking forward to hearing more :-)

Gnome