Friday 23 January 2009

slack week

A slack week on all accounts.

blergh.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, right?

So - I was supposed to be meeting a friend for a run tomorrow morning, but it's been raining here (yeah, I just don't get the whole 'I love to run in the rain' thing - although the only time I've ever run in the rain was in winter and that wasn't fun) and she's gone up the coast for the long weekend ... so we'll see.

That sucks, I know. I should just commit to it and get over it. Shouldn't I?

It has been totally horrible here for the last few days. The heat and humidity have been disgusting.

I did manage a couple of runs, one of which was on Wednesday morning. 6:30am and it already felt like 30 + degrees. AND it was garbo day on the route I ran, so I had to run past loads of S T I N K Y bins. Gross.

Anyway, just fighting the old 'I don't want to get out of bed any earlier than I have to' mental battle at the moment.

School goes back Tuesday. I hope I can survive another 3 days. It's been a close call a couple of times over the last 6 weeks. Did the mad rush to the shops today for new school shoes for Max - $105 dollars later. Ah well.

My point is, (most of the time I have a point, it just takes me a while to get to it) that school goes back Tuesday, hopefully if all goes smoothly I should be able to get to the pool for my first sqaud training session at 9:15. Feeling slightly nervous about it, but it really helps that I already have some friends who swim in that squad so I wont feel so alone - pathetic, I know.

bed time fast approaching and there is a mountain of clean washing on my bed.

No comments: