Monday 25 June 2007

Glute update

This morning I plodded off to my usual Monday morning torture PT session at the gym. Did 10 minutes on the treadmill at a 6min pace before the PT to test out the Glute. Didn't get a run in before the BBQ on Sunday - there just wasn't enough time with other stuff going on.

Anyway, during the treadmill run it felt fine. After I stopped I could feel a slight niggle in the same glute, but nothing that bothered me too much. After my PT and some further cardio work I gave it a bit of a going over with the foam roller. Ouch! Rolling through the length of the glute I could feel a spot where it particularly hurt and there was a bit of a knot there.

So I'll just keep stretching it out this week and hope for the best on the weekend.

Peter - you could be right - could very well be a mental thing.

I almost forgot to pick up my race kit from Southbank on Sunday afternoon. If Nikki hadn't of reminded me I would have totally forgotten. So I have my number and my timing chip. I'm all set to go.

Movie Review

It was nice to get out on Saturday night - we don't get a chance to do it that often, and most times when we do we're both too tired to really enjoy it. We went to Wagamamas above the Wintergarden. Nothing to do with the Japanese theme of late - just wanted something yummy and quick that wasn't 'cafe' style food. The movie was pretty funny. If you're prepared to leave your brain at home and sit through an hour and a half of juvenille teenage boy humour then you'll enjoy it!! The plot is pretty non-existant, but Will Ferrel and the dude from Napoleon Dynamite, Jon Heder, are pretty funny together. I enjoyed it.

I have a busy week this week - and it's school holidays - which means no kindy for Max this week ... (where's the crying smiley when I need it?) I will survive, I will survive, I will survive ... :)

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Re the glute - no news is good news I hope.

Thanks for the movie review, its sort of what I expected. It seems to be getting some good raves, I might have to check it out.


PS Did you know Clairie was also a Darwin gal?

Kathy said...

Hope the glute keeps improving. Good luck for the weekend.

I'm hoping for a good laugh when I see that movie.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on Darwin, Territory Girls Rule.

Hope the glute behaves for your 10k.

Pictures of the kiddies are beautiful.