Saturday 2 June 2007

fluff

Yay! One subject finished, one exam to go until the next one is done and then a little break until semester 2 kicks off. I have resolved to keep up better with on line lectures and discussions next semester - I don't think I listened to one lecture in its entirity this semester - I read lecture notes, but I couldn't make myself sit infront of the computer and listen to a boring voice read and stumble their way through what I could read better myself ...

Once semester 2 is finished I will have finally graduated and have 2 complete degrees. It will only have taken me 13 years since high school graduation, and I will have buikt up enough HECS debt to have studied medicine!!! :)

On Thursday I had all my hair chopped off. Apparantly a very 'in' thing to do at the moment. I did it because I love my hairdresser and trust her and she suggested it! So, perhaps if I am brave enough I'll post a pic ... sometime. I must say I quite like it. A doesn't, but he's never liked me with shorter hair. Such a guy thing - what's with that?!

You will note by now the serious lack of running and exercise information from this entry :) Well, as a result of rushing to ger my essay finished by Friday morning, I'd been spending a few very late nights in front of the computer, which meant dragging my lazy butt out of bed early in the morning was harder than it should have been.

I've also been struggling with maeve who has been waking at ungodly hours, grumpy and refusing to go back to sleep. So getting out in the morning means getting up at or before 5am and leaving A to deal with the grumpy baby who only wants mummy.

Since being sick last week too my sinuses are still giving me a bit of grief - nothing major, just a constant dull sinus headache all day long :(

I know, I'm full of excuses these days - and I feel terribly guilty for it, especially when people like RMR, Celeste and EM want to run and can't. But sometimes I think I just do as much as I can and have to accept that other stuff gets in the way sometimes.

Meeting Nikki & possibly Veg for a long run tomorrow. Normally I do 10k (yes, I know this is just a stroll in the park for some of you) but for punnishment for my evil ways I think I might drag it out to 12 tomorrow - see how I feel.

Bought some new 3/4 Brooks running pants from Rebel. The were reduced, but not quite as nice as the 2XU pair I really want. At $90 though, I'm not sure I can justify the 2XU ones - I'm trying to convince myself that the Brooks ones are just as good and will last just as long etc etc etc...

A few responses to comments:

Ben :
There was a time when I thought I had a lot going on in my life.Then I
started reading your blog.Stay cool. It's got to get stable at some point.

This made me laugh - I didn't think things were that bad!! I guess we all have our own dramas :)

Celeste - I emailed Scott - thanks for that suggestion.

re the japan thing - it's Tokyo by the way Tesso - we're still very much undecided. There seem to be so many cons as opposed to pros. A crystal ball at this point would be really great if anyone has one!

RMR - I've finished this series of Heroes - this time minus the BR icecream. Can't wait for the next series to start.

Anyway, I'm off to take another dose of "I don't care what it is as long as it takes away this damn headache"

4 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I have short hair again now and I don't think I can go back to being a slave to the hair dryer again- it ruled my life and dictated whether or not I would swim, cycle, run etc. Hope your cold goes away- I was popping cold and flu tablets all week.

Anonymous said...

My BF prefers my hair long as well, I just tell him that if he likes it long he can look after it!

Give me short and day, though I have been lazy lately and it has crept back to shoulder length.

Tesso said...

I agree re the hair. The only reason I have mine longer than shoulder length is its actually easier for running as I can put it in a ponytail.

Re the headaches, have you tried accupuncture. Not that I know much about it, I've only had three treatments myself but it you want to give it a go I can put you on to a place at Indooroopilly that bulk bills.

Kathy said...

I've just started an online course and decided the audio has to go. It's very American, and I read much more quickly. I'm very impressed with the technology though - dragging and dropping letters to answers.

Congratulations on your study achievements. I have so much admiration for people who can study part-time. And you're managing it with young children. Well done.

It's definitely a guy thing. Looking forward to seeing a pic.

I bought a long sleeved Nike jacket today for running. Green and grey. Very nice.