Wednesday 30 May 2007

breathe sarah ...

*sigh*

panic is over ... for now!!! Thanks for the kind words. My lecturer got back to me at about 11:30am and told me not to panic and to email the essay to him, he will try and mark it over the weekend so that I have some feedback before the exam.

So, now I wait for my mark and see if I get penalised for the "late" submission (because he didn't mention anything about if I would or not). He seemed pretty understanding and agreed that the electronic drop box on the uni forum can be a little unreliable at times. I might have to start stressing over the amount of study I need to do for the exam once I get my mark back!

Study and me have such a love hate relationship - I love using my brain for something other than deciding what to feed the kids for dinner, where to take the kids today, and counting to 10 before I blow my stack at the kids (oh, you think I'm joking!) - but on the other hand I can't wait until this is over and I have a life (albeit revolving around the kids!) back.

Anyway .... back to the interesting stuff ....

PT on monday was good - nothing unusual to report, except I couldn't do any of the running intervals Drew had planned due to my painful blisters (what a sook). Seriously, I tried to run on the treadmill before the PT, but after a couple of steps it was just agony.

This also meant I decided to rest on Tuesday and not run because my blisters were still too sore. By this morning they were fine and I toddled off to my spin class - they had a new instructor who was B O R I N G. blah blah blah.

I know she was probably a bit nervous, being her first class and all, but she was just trying a little too hard to be chummy to everyone. But perhaps it was just me feeling like a grumpy old so and so due to the essay dramas. Anyway, did the class, came home and have been sitting here at the computer ever since trying to get my other essay for my other subject done. This one is proving a little more interesting and easy than the anthropology one.

Land of the Rising Sun

Here's the basic 'in a nutshell' details ... So, there's a job. It's in Japan. 2 to 3 years. A speaks Japanese. I don't. The kids don't. Could be good money. Could be fun. Could be interesting. Could be risky. Could be cold. Could be expensive to have a baby there. But we'll cross all those bridges when we need to. That's about all we know at the moment. A met with the guy at the airport on Saturday - the guy wants us to seriously consider it - I need more details before I can seriously consider anything. So we're waiting to hear more.

Running tomorrow. Might get up pretty early and head out for 45+ min hit out. Wouldn't mind doing a 5k timed run and seeing where I'm at - will probably be bitterly disappointed, so that might not be a good idea. :) I think I will strap my feet this time.

I'm ashamed to say I ate my way through the stress of my assignment with the aid of my brother who turned up on my doorstep last night with a tub of Baskins ice cream and episode 21 of Heroes he's downloaded off the net ... how dare he?!!!! Don't ever eat ice cream at 9:30pm right before going to bed! :)

8 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

You have to go to Japan for one reason- the food- so good and so good for you! How exciting! Glad the essay sounds like it will be okay. I have walked out of spin when it was boring before but that probably says more about my attitude at the time than the instructor! Glad you stuck it out.

Tesso said...

Holy hell, what a big couple of days you've had! Glad to hear the essay drama thing turned out okay.

Gee, Japan. Now that is exciting! Whereabouts in Japan are they talking about?

Good luck with the decision!


PS Gold Coast Hill is the one that goes up from the city end of the river walkway up to the Storey Bridge. We named it that as at the end of training sessions we do over there Pat gets us to run up it to toughen us up for the Gold Coast Mara/Half,10k.

Kathy said...

Great news on the assignment. Hope the feedback arrives in plenty of time. He sounds like a good bloke, your lecturer. Definitely apple material (apple for the teacher).

Blisters are horrible. Hope the strapping works. I have a pair of shoes that I got a baby blister with once, and I don't run any distance in them anymore. They look cool though, so I wear them when I'm "resting" my good shoes.

Japan, wow. What an opportunity. That's going to be a big decision. All the best with working out what you want to do.

I hope your RPM instructor improves quickly. You're much better behaved than me. I cracked it at the gym today. My personal training has "fallen off" the computer without any explanation. I'm sure my payments haven't "fallen off". I'll be speaking to the manager tomorrow. Luckily for her, she'd gone home before I spoke to Ms Totally Unhelpful It's Not My Fault Blame the Personal Trainer Nobody Tells Me Anything Assistant Manager. How do these people get jobs? (Breathe Kathy)

Bennyr said...

Sarah,

There was a time when I thought I had a lot going on in my life.

Then I started reading your blog.

Stay cool. It's got to get stable at some point.

Cheers,
Ben

Anonymous said...

Wow, Japan, that would be exciting and a great experience for the kids. You could go for a run with those crazy Marathon Monks :-)

Peterhorse said...

try vaselining the feet Sarah. A mate put me onto it last year...despite what you think, they won't e slip sliding away. no more blisters (black and blue toenails is a different matter)

Celeste said...

Jump onto Scott's blog "In the long run" if you haven't already. He lives in Japan and seems quite happy there.

Speaking from experience, uni lecturers are generally fairly understanding - but you were wise to follow it up or you may have never realised until the grades were issued!

Anonymous said...

Heros, ice-cream and Sushi. Umm My favourites


Sounds like you have some thinking to do. Your brother is pure evil for tempting you in your moment of weakness. Good luck with the blisters. RPM, I wish I could.