Monday 19 February 2007

no weigh in today

so, no weigh in today - didn't even bother getting on the scales - I have 1 more week before the weigh in at the gym, that time of the month, so I know I will be retaining fluid blah blah blah...

Went to the gym this morning - Drew's on holiday's - so I just did some weights and cardio and a few of the routines we do in my PT which I can do without having someone there to help. Did some cardio at the end and then came home. Felt a bit flat today.

Went out for a run on Sunday morning - measured it in the car after and Iran for 4 ks!!!! And most of it was actually running, I hardly walked at all. Pretty pleased with that effort. Will try and get out for another run tomorrow morning. Ankles and legs are feeling a bit tired though. My ankle with the pins and plates in from my iceskating accident years ago is playing up a bit and is very sore.

I've decided in the lead up for running the B2B I'm going to run the 10k leg of the Gold Coast Marathon - 1st weekend in July. Given that I ran 4ks on Sunday I think that's a reasonable goal - then gives me another month to train for the 12k B2B ... The GCM is supposedly a fast flat course. Which is nice - all the running I do around here is hilly!!

I bought some propper Brooks running shorts on the weekend in an attempt to find something to wear that doesn't constantly ride up my crotch when I run. $30 and they're very nice, but they still ride up ... not happy. I'll have to resort to bike pants soon, it's driving me nuts.

I think I'm going to resort back to recording my food in WW points ... I've tried the calorie counting thing, but I'm too lazy to learn the calorie content of foods... I know, I know, I should just do it ... but right now I think I'd rather just record points and then go from there. Maybe.

Last week after Spin class, Wes was trying to sell us all on the protien/electrolyte powders they sell at the gym... I jokingly said if he gave us a taste test we might be more likely to buy one ... he said he'd bring some this week. I hope so, might be something I'd consider if I think I could stomach the taste!

I'm still feeling a little frustrated re the whole food thing. I really am not eating that badly and I'm just not seeing any results. I'm starting to wonder if the whole PCOS thing is having an effect on my metabolism and weightloss... I've been thinking of making a Dr appointment to discuss ... hard to find a Dr who will give serious thought to this issue. Mostly they just want to put you on the pill to control the PCOS...

That's all for today.

No comments: