Saturday 3 February 2007

run like the wind

I have a new best friend ... Robert Ulrey ... he's a 43 year old californian who has made podcasts to help those who want to run the couch to 5k program. His podcasts can be found her http://www.podcasts.ullreys.net/ and the running program is found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I've been meaning to follow the program to get me ready to be able to run the bridge to brisbane in August, but was struggling with the knowing when to run/when to walk - I don't have a wrist stopwatch, etc etc ...

So I downloaded Robert's week 3 podcast this morning and off I went!!!! It made it so much easier having someone tell me what to do - I was like having a personl trainer along side me running. And week 3 wasn't all that tough. Probably less runing in a stretch than what I have been doing, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I'll do 1 or 2 more days of week 3 and then move onto week 4 which will be a little more challenging.

Anyway, I was feeling pretty excited about the whole thing and just wanted to share it ...

Will probably head out for a run againn tomorrow morning.

No comments: