Monday 26 February 2007

weigh in ...

So, I got on the scales at the gym this morning and lost 1 kg!!!

Well, I wasn't expecting much more. But the good news (and what stopped me from wanting to crawl into a hole with 10kg of chocloate and hide there for a week) was that I took my measurements this morning and have lost a total combined of 17.1cm from my bust, arm, waist, hips and thighs!!!!

I was pretty happy with that!!

Just goes to show that weight isn't always the best indicator. Also discovered on Sunday morning that a skirt I haven't been able to wear for a little while because it was just a wee bit too tight, fit me!!! So good things are obviously happening ...

Something made my day today. A few days ago I posted a thread on coolrunnings asking about running shorts for women and if there were any that didn't ride up your crotch and bum when you run. Short answer was no and most people said they resort to bike shorts. I got a message from one girl who said she had a size 14 Nike running skirt and would I like it, she refused any money, even for postage. Well, I received it today and it's in perfect condition - looks brand new, and will be perfect - it's shorter than I'm used to, but what the heck. I was just impressed at the kindness and generosity of this stranger!

It's currently 5 to midnight - I can't sleep - partly becasue my legs ache - thanks Drew - and partly because my mind is just buzzing and I can't seem to switch off. I have a lot on over the next couple of days and this always happens to me when there's a lot on my plate.

PT was good today - but my body is sore and aching - see what happens when you miss a week!! Am supposed to run tomorrow, but I'm a bit stressed out about gettinng everything done this week, and I'll be tired and even more sore in the morning, so I'm going to give it a miss. Shame, i wanted to try out my new skirt!!

No comments: