Tuesday 6 March 2007

bad bad bad sarah

I'm a bad bad person. I finally bought myself a polar F11 HRM today ... bought it online at $80 below RRP, but it was still $218 ... I'm going to be in big trouble. I dread to think. dearest husband, if you are reading this, please don't be too cross ... I can't wait until it arrives - should get here tomorrow - unfortunately not in time for my spin class though!

Went for a run this morning ... IN MY SKIRT!!!! I felt a bit funny at first, but boy was it good not to have to worry about shorts riding up my crotch and bunching up. it was great. And I felt great in it too!!!

I drove down to the Brisbane river at yeronga this morning for my run - wanted to try running on flats, instead of the hills around here, to see how far I could do - wanted to do 5k... I made the mistake of not measuring out my run and kept thinking to myself "I wonder how far I've come" "don't forget you have to run back too" so it was mentally very challenging and I didn't make 5k. I measured my run in the car after and turns out I ran about 3.4ks - took me about 20 min. So time and distance not great. Next time I'll measure the trip first and then I won't have to worry about where to turn around. Someone on the forum at Calorie King gave me a great idea of taking $5, running the distance in one direction and catching the ferry back after running along the river. Might have to try that sometime.

anyway, got to think about what we're having for dinner ...

2 comments:

Simlin said...

3.4 k in 20 mins...That is sub 6 min/km. I wouldn't call that slow...well I shouldn't most of my training runs are at least 30sec per km slower than that.

Lisa said...

Yeah, thats a good run for me.

And you're not bad at all re the polar. I really wanted one too when I started exercising, and it really helped. Of course then I really wanted a Garmin with GPS tracking as well....