Wednesday 21 March 2007

spinning around

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments about running with someone. I'm looking forward to it!

Spin class today. The guy who took our class today is SUPER fit, there is not an ounce of fat on the guy, he used to be the main dancer guy (real technical terms here) for the QLD ballet, he does karate, he cycles, he still dances with the ballet, just not in a major role, and he has a wife who is jsut as fit and 2 kids. So anyway, what I'm trying to say is that the class was HARD. lots and lots of jumps and squats and hills. Man, my legs are jelly. Normally after a spin class I think I could go again ... not today!! :) Hard class is a good class ... so they say.

Did 20 minutes of running, just on the treadmill, before my class - overall burnt 712 calories! yay! I've been tracking my food since monday - one day someone is going to create a magic pill that will give you all your days calorie and nutritional needs all at once - it would make things a lot easier!! yeah, yeah, I know ...

Got through the grocery shopping yesterday - Max threw a massive tantrum just as we were walking out the front door (because I wouldn't let him take his leggo) and Maeve was disgusting the entire shopping trip - poor thing, she was tired - so it was a very pleasant experience as always ... not.

Thinking I might get up early tomorrow morning and go out for a run before my weights workout at the gym. These days I am finding I would much rather go out for a run than work the cardio equipment at the gym ... I reckon I get a better constant cardio workout running too. It's amazing how much running consumes my thoughts these days!! Makes me laugh!

4 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

How do you do squats on the bike? The rest I get- I love spin because it is gloriously non-weight bearing and I feel so good when I walk out and my t-shirt is soaked.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I've just read your blog for the first time (after your comments about toddlers on CR) and I can tell you that you've got nothing to worry about with Vegie-girl. She's a lovely girl and won't leave you behind. You might get exhausted from laughing with her all the time, that's all!
Hope to meet you one day.

Simlin said...

Man, running consumes my thoughts constantly...look...I am reading your blog when I have many other high priorities at work.

Celeste said...

I know what you mean about running consuming your thoughts. It is so different from where I was 12 months ago, when my thoughts consisted of meal times, junk food and sitting on the couch.

I rather think I LIKE the fact that running consumes me now - compared to the alternative.