Monday 12 March 2007

Do I have to have a title, I can't think of one ...

PT today - went well as usual.

Drew asked me how the whole eating plan was going ... :( hmmmm, I've been very naughty and haven't been tracking consistantly for the last few weeks. I really need to get back into counting my calories and being more balanced.

Today I ate terribly. Skipped lunch because I was busy with the kids and we had blinds being installed and then I had to take Max to the dentist, but the time we got out of the dentist I was starving, knew I had to go to woolworths to get stuff for dinner and I should NEVER go shopping when I'm hungry. Stupidly bought a kit kat (I know, it could have been worse) and ate that, then didn't bother making dinner because A was late home from work and now it's 10 to 10 and I'm hungry again ... *sigh*

I'm just going to go to bed and know that tomorrow is another day.

Supposed to get up for a run in the morning but it's been so hot and horrible, I'm feeling rather drained (yes, I know that's probably more to do with the fact I sisn't eat properly today.)

So Drew is encouraging me to do some speed training tomorrow (I think that might be the running term for it - basically intervals of jogging and sprinting). But I think I might just go out for my normal run around home, which is about 4k, and see if I can get through the hills with limited walking.

Q re sore knees - I might post on CR too - but I get sore knees (like when I sit or climb stairs) after a run. My knees have always been very creaky and they creak and crack when I sit on the ground, do squats, lunges etc ... should I be worried about this or will they get better and stronger as I run?

I also have an ankle question ... I broke my ankle quite badly about 10 years ago and have pins and plates on both sides of my Right ankle. After a run there is always some discomfort there, like a bruised feeling almost. I'm not sure if I should see anyone about it - can they remove those types of things this far down the track? I guess I need to ask a dr that??

gotta get to bed or I won't be able to get up in the morning.

3 comments:

Bayin said...

The pain in the knees could be from a few things, most common is incorrect footware check to see if you are wearing the right type of shoes and that they aren't to worn most shoes are only good for about 1000K. Could just be a case of sore knees try pulling up a little bit and running a little slower of the up hills as it takes time to build up the muscles in the legs to support long distance running or try running on a softer surface liek grass instead of the road. Keep it up.

Celeste said...

Well, if you ONLY had a kitkat yesterday then as far as calories go it's not all bad. Certainly not a healthy way to eat your daily intake (!) but I can't imagine it doing too much harm weight wise.

Kathy said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm enjoying reading yours too, so you'll be on my regular list of blogs.
As for the kit kat, your food choices don't have to be perfect all the time. If you're keeping an eye on them, you'll stay on top of it. Good luck.