Friday 23 March 2007

food accountability

So, inspired by Simlin, I'm blogging my food intake in an attempt to make myself a little more honest with the amount of calories I'm eating and weight I'm losing.

So feel free to check it out and chastise me for my poor food choices!!

Gym didn't run my box class this morning due to lack of numbers, so I did my weights workout that I missed yesterday due to sooky legs. Managed to increase the weight on just about all of my exercises and make my regular number of reps. So happy about that.

My iPod battery died when I went to do some cardio at the end of the workout, so I whimped out of cardio - man, what a slacker huh? I just find it so hard to power away on those machines without sommething to take my mind off the monotony of it all. I'd been there for an hour already anyway.

I'm going to start weighing myself weekly again - I'd stopped doing it because I was getting frustrated with the lack of results. But I need to start again because I fear going backwards. I'll track weight and girth measurements on the gobble gobble blog here: http://sarah-gobblegobble.blogspot.com/ (for anyone who's interested!). My mini goal is to be under 70kg for the 10k at the GCM. 12 weeks away. 7kg in 12 weeks is totally do-able... if I can cut out the crap! Then I might have more energy for running too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry so much about the weight - the tape is probably your best gauge of progress. All the exercise will have you putting on muscle yet losing inches - your weight won't reduce but your %body fat will. That's a good thing. Keep it up, and don't stress the kilos!

Anonymous said...

12 weeks is plenty of time but as Kato says, don't focus too much on the scales - let how your clothes fit and your energy levels guide you

And make sure you fuel yourself enough to run!

Kathy said...

Way to go Sarah. You're monitoring your eating, and you're doing great with your weights program. It sounds as though your iPod battery was looking out for you - you'll probably find your muscles letting you know about that upgrade on your weights tomorrow.

I'm using the free food diary on Calorie King. I find it a really easy way to keep track of what I'm eating. I know you have a link to Calorie King on your blog but you might not realise that this tool is free now. It's only been free for a short while.

Thanks for your lovely positive comments on my blog. I love getting them.