Tuesday 27 March 2007

Morning run

I re-ran my '5k' route this morning - only took me 27:41 - Last time I ran it and timed it properly my time was 31:23 !!!!

I've had a sneaking suspicion the last week or so that the 5k might have been a bit short - so I mapped it out in Google Earth - and sure enough, it's only 4.6 ... oops! But I'm not too dissapointed as I ran a full 6k on sunday. I think if I'd found out it was only 4.6 before sunday it would have been a real mental blow - does that make sense?

anyway, here's the route - you can't see it that well, but it's a there and back kind of path:



Seems my iPod was just having battery issues ... I must've left it on or something, because this morning, after charging it all night, it was fine!

My shins were sore during the run this morning. Definately going to start looking for new shoes this week.

I'm still thinking about the letter 'h'!!

4 comments:

Simlin said...

That's Great! that is 6min/k pace...you would have done a 30min 5k!

Celeste said...

You speedster you.

Ummmm - Home, hero, history, hiding place, handicap (in a broad sense), health, hurt, husband (hee hee), high point.

AnnetteL said...

Wow keep up the good work with all your running Sarah. Treat yourself to a new pair of shoes sounds like you deserve them! Take Care Cheers Annette

MorseyRuns said...

Holidays, hipsters (ha ha!), hanky panky?? The letter H is not your friend!
Great improvement on your regular loop- good work.