Tuesday 20 March 2007

new batteries please ...

Well, I didn't get to run yesterday. Got the all clear from the ENT doc ... "thanks for your hundreds of dollars, we don't want to see you again". I swear that child has cost us a small fortune in medical bills. I shouldn't complain, there are many people who are far worse off than us. I'm reading "My sisters keeper" by Jody Picoult - boy it's depressing, but somehow I can not put it down. What has that to do with anything? The girl in the story has lukemia, medical bills, ENT ... see?!

Anyway, this is meant to be about running and stuff...

Was planning to go out in the evening - Celeste, I don't like running at night either. The times I have gone out in the pm, it's been about 6:30 and I'm not out for long - hardly worth it really. Anyway, I had good intentions, but A came home with a migrane ... so there went those plans, I wasn't too devestated, so mustn't have been too committed to the idea in the first place.

Changed my PT time and went in this morning. I knew that was a mistake when that-time-of-the-month showed up yesterday arvo (sorry if that's a bit TMI for some of you!). Question for the LADIES ... do you just feel absolutely wasted at that time? Do you still run and do your normal program or do you give yourself a bit of a rest? Today I felt totally and utterly smashed. I made it through my PT ok, with a few weight and rep increases, but at the end of it I just wanted to curl up in the corner and go to sleep. Normally I stay and do a high intensity cardio for 30 min after the PT ... I managed 10 minutes on the bike before I staggered out of there. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm sure that has something to do with it too.

I'm just feeling totally buggered and have no energy.

Planning a 6km run on Sunday morning. Vege-girl from CR asked me if I wanted to meet her at southbank for a run ... I said yes!!! ARGHHH!! I'm a bit freaking out!!! a) I've never run 6km, b) I've never run with anyone before, c) she's probably faster and fitter than me and d) I normally run with my iPod and have never tried running without - the music really gets me through the hard parts, so I wonder what it'll be like running without it ...

Anyway, I'm going to clean up my pig sty of a house so when I have visitors tomorrow it's not embarrassing.

Spin tomorrow - hopefully I'll be feeling better than I am today.

We need bread, milk and other basic foodgroups, wondering how I can make it to woolworths with my 2 terrors feeling the way I do today???????

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Don't be worried at all about running with someone. Especially if they know you are a novice. It has been my experience that other runners actually enjoy helping you out, and they will run at a pace that is comfortable for you!

By the way, your pace is nothing to be ashamed about - it's still a long way from where I am, and I have found someone to run with!!

And yes, running with someone is a lot more fun than running alone! For one, you get to chat and that's a big thrill when you realise you actually have the breath to talk back!!

MorseyRuns said...

Good luck at the supermarket! I was also frightened of running with anyone else, but it is so much better than slogging away by yourself- I still like a solitude run though.

Simlin said...

I find running with someone flies by easier than with an ipod...
I am sure Vege will be great to run with...

TA and the Gnome said...

a) I've never run 6km
- you'll never be able to say that again after this weekend!

b) I've never run with anyone before,
- running is a team sport :-)

c) she's probably faster and fitter than me
- and also more experienced, so she won't have any problems matching your pace (or slowing you down if necessary :-) )

and d) I normally run with my iPod and have never tried running without - the music really gets me through the hard parts, so I wonder what it'll be like running without it ...
- you won't notice for the chatting!

Tell us how it went.

Gnome

Kathy said...

Sarah, you'll have a ball. I'm sure of it.

As for that time of the month, usually I'm much stronger at that time. No idea why. I think everyone is different and it's just a matter of working out what your body is telling you. If you're tired, give yourself a break. If you're strong, enjoy it.