Thursday 3 May 2007

funny thing ...

Peter said in the last comments
well done on the assigment - forget the retail therapy...reward yourself with a run...hehe


So I was on my way home this morning (about 11:30, after being out at the shops with Maeve, Max is at kindy today - hadn't yet seen this comment and was going through all sorts of scenarios in my head trying to figure out a way I could go for a run with Maeve in the pram!!! :) I'm still trying to figure out if it'll work or not - I guess there's one way to find out. I'm feeling a bit ansty as I haven't been able to get out for a run since Sunday ... well, when I say "haven't been able to" I really ought to say I haven't tried hard enough, but I've been burning the candle at both ends as it is, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it too much.

Anyway, I *think* I'm going to go and get into the running gear and put Maeve in the pram and see what it feels like to run in the middle of a beautiful Autum day pushing and extra 30 kilos :o !

2 comments:

Kathy said...

And? ... I am waiting to hear how your run with Maeve went.

Had to chuckle at the idea of running with an extra 30 kgs. I've been going to lots of trouble to NOT run with extra kgs. All I had to do was lose the baby!

Peterhorse said...

30kgs is a big baby?? with a good set of wheels, you can actually rest on the handle bars at times.
until brissy half this year, my mate Brian's best HM time was at GC 05, pushing his then 4yo son in the running pram - 89mins!! until last year, he had been pushing him since he was a baby for 1-2 runs a week.