Wednesday 9 May 2007

one word

Edited to add ... one word ... GASTRO. Wednesday night - Maeve is vomiting no run Thursday morning - vomiting all morning. So far, 1/2 a banana and 100ml of water have stayed down ... I'm not holding my breath!

Wednesday ... okay, so pre-kids I used to look forward to Wednesday's because it meant the working week was 1/2 over and the weekend was coming soon ... a break from work, time to relax, do the things I wanted to do ... I'm not even going to go into what wednesday means after-kids, except to say the weekends no longer hold the same promise as they used to ;)

BUT ... now I think, it's Wednesday, the week is half over, only half a week to go before I get to run on the weekend :)

PT on Tuesday was tough, as I expected it to be. Drew threw in some cardio intervals on what RMR calls "the mincer machine" ... after a few minutes 30 sec intervals with 30 sec recoveries my legs felt like jelly ... funny how you push yourself a lot harder when there's someone standing there telling you to go faster!! so that combined with some bench presses, some squats with weights (well, they have this machine which meant I was pulling weight up on the way up, and then countering the weight on the way down), some standing tricep rows (if that's what they're called - who knows?!) and then a few minutes of intervals on the rowing machine - all of that in a circut 3 times then onto cardio work for 20 minutes before stretching and heading home. I was pleased to see the total calories for the hour was 720 and no soreness today either - noice.

Drew asked me half way through the session if I thought I was working hard enough - now that's a tough question for me to answer because the lazy Sarah says "of course" ... so I asked him if HE thought I was working hard enough and he said some very nice things about my commitment and work at the gym, which were good to hear - everyone needs a little pat on the back every now and then.

Today was spin - nothing unusual to report.

I've decided that my gym schedule is going to be 3 days a week, as opposed to the 4 I have been trying to do - my 2nd weights session has often been dropped. So I've decided to keep my PT and cardio on a Mon, run Tuesday, Spin on Wed, Run on Thurs and Box on Fri - then I'll split my 2nd weights session so that I do arms & upper body after spin on Wed and legs/lower body after box on Fri. I feel good about that, means I'll have an extra day back to do housework!!! Yeah right!

The countdown seems to be on for GCM with newsletters being emailed weekly from the organisers. I'm really looking forward to it ...

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Sounds like a great plan Sarah. So much variety, you shouldn't get bored. And your different muscles will have a chance to recover while you are punishing others :)

Bennyr said...

Gastro...

All this to look forward to. Thank you for giving me a glimpse of my future, Sarah!

That still looks like a pretty full schedule, but I suspect that you may gradually find yourself taking gym sessions away and adding runs as time goes by.

*evil laughs* You're one of us , now!

Cheers,
Ben

Kathy said...

Sarah, I hope Maeve is getting better. Gastro is such an awful thing to have.

I like the sound of your training program. You'll have to let us know how splitting the weights session goes.

Celeste said...

So how is your MP3? I had an arm band but it broke. Then I just shoved it into my pocket. I never thought of the bra strap - which is probably just as well because I would have drowned it!!