Tuesday 1 May 2007

still procrastinating...

I was going to go for a run this morning (normally do on a tuesday) but had a PT scheduled at the gym today and wasn't sure if I should - I'm glad I didn't because the PT was HARD today. I think Drew tok on board my whinging about being bored and unmotivated last time and decided to step it up a couple of levels. Which is good.

But not good for running because I won't get to go until Thursday now.

I did a new class at the gym on Monday which was in an effort to inspire me to get excited about being at the gym again (not sure that it worked though). The class was basically an aerobics class, and I was pretty happy with myself that I was able to keep up with what the instructor was doing without looking like a complete dork ... well, I suppose tha last bit is subjective really! ;)

But as far as workouts go, I find it really hard not to compare everything to running these days. I can burn as many calories in half an hour of running as I can in a 50min aerobics class ... so it makes it hard to be excited about it if the main reason you exercise is to lose weight.

Ideally I would just like to run. But it's not possible. The gym allows me to fit exercise in with family life as it has childcare available. I could get up at 4am every morning like some of you do ... hmmmmmmm - nah!!! :)

Seriously though, I think I am going to have to start getting up earlier on weekdays to fit in more running. I know the gym work has a place with cross training and all that, so it's not going anywhere. anyway, as much as I complain, I do enjoy it mostly.

I think our Guinea Pigs are having a domestic (2 males) because everytime I go outside, 1 is at one end of the hutch and the other one is at the opposite end. This is unusual. Normally they both hide in the covered area of the hutch... I hope they patch up their differences, I'd hate to be kept in a cage with someone I didn't like. and one of them definately has the raw end of the deal - he's been sent to what seems to have been nominated the poo corner!

Today Deakin released their semester 1 examination timetable. The location of my anthropology exam scheduled for the 12 of June was listed as Box Hill town Hall (which is in Melbourne) ... what the?!! I politely informed them I reside in Brisbane and could they please change the location. Just seemed silly to me that they would schedule an examination in Melbourne when all of my student info indicates I live in Brisbane.

anyway, I'm absolutely hating my anthropology subject at the moment. I won't bore you with details, but suffice it to say that it is driving me totally nuts, my children are becoming addicted to tv, I'm not sleeping well and it's making it very very difficult to stay away from the chocolate!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Watch out with that desire to go running every day - running will overtake your every thought, incorporate itself into daily plans and you will not function without it. Welcome to the club!!!

Sarah said...

too late Celeste!!! I'm already obsessed!! ;)

Peterhorse said...

....all of which could contribute to the science of anthropology as it happens.
many issue get solved while running..go for it

Lisa said...

I'm interested by your thoughts re calorie burning. I'm sure I burn more calories in an hour of aerobics, than an hour of running... mainly because running is at a slow and steady pace, and aerobics can get your heart rate up much higher (and then lower - a bit like interval training). And I'm about to commit a big sin - I love Combat classes more than running! WEll - maybe they're equal, they're just different!