Saturday 12 May 2007

I love hills

...not likely!! But I am really happy that this morning when I headed out for a 5k run along my usual out and back route from home - which I think I've said before is mostly downhill the whole way out and all uphill the whole way back. well, this morning I ran THE ENTIRE WAY BACK. I was able to run up the hill all the way home without stopping! I was slow, but I did it!

I also discovered an advantage to being slow - Augie March's 'One Crowded Hour', which is one of my favourite songs, is perfect for running to when you're slow like me!! ;)

Running tomorrow with Vegie & she said I Hate Toast from CR might also come - I'm looking forward to that because any time I've read her blog it's been an absolute crack up.

Happy Mother's day to any mum's out there. I hope your toast in bed isn't too cold!

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Great stuff Sarah! That is a good running song, I love the build up.

Happy Mothers Day! Enjoy your run. I hope Katy (ihatetoast) makes it along, she's just as crazy in real life :-)

Kathy said...

Way to go Sarah. That's a great achievement.

Happy Mother's Day to you too. Enjoy the run tomorrow morning. I'll think of you while I'm doing mine.

TA and the Gnome said...

That's a mighty big wall that fell over yesterday! There may still be days when you can't run up the hill, but they'll be few and far between.

We still laugh at the (much, much smaller) hill that used to kill us at the end of our then standard 3k run.

Gnome