Monday 21 May 2007

issues...

Lost .3 this week with FF - but admittedly I had a pretty slack week ... I was thinking Miner's 'challenge royale' would be a butt kicking, but it seems he managed a .5 ... so what d'you reckon?? Still in the game there. So this week is going to be better.

This morning had my PT and some cardio at the gym. Drew again threw in some cardio interval type work. I normally have a couple of weetbix for breakfast with 1/2 a cup of milk (at the most) - but this morning I decided to have sultana bran instead and I think I had more milk than normal. So all through the PT I was fighting that gluggy throat feeling of trying to keep breakfast in the tummy ... ewwww.

Now, there was NO running this week. What's happening??? I had planned a long run on Saturday morning but circumstances beyond my control meant that I couldn't go. A got a call on Friday night and had to go and help a friend early saturday morning which lasted all day. I was good though and got on the elliptical trainer at home for 45 minutes - but it doesn't compare to the real thing.

I'm struggling with the motivation to get up early and get out the door for a run - a commbination of the darker mornings, cooler weather and me just being tired all the time really doesn't help much. Also lurking in the back of my mind is the fact that there has been significant discussion in this household about having another baby and although I know there are people who run through pregnancy - I can tell you now - that aint gonna be me :). I'm not a happy pregnant person. But I don't know how long it might take, or even IF it will happen. Anyway, the doubt is there about this little venture and new found enjoyment continuing for an inderterminate amount of time and I think it's making it hard to be motivated.

But GCM looms and this week I AM going to go out on Tuesday morning and Thursday morning and the weekend, as I normally would do before I got so slack! I'm never going to make my CG goal if I don't get back into it.

Anyway, I think that's it from me for today.

6 comments:

miners said...

issues indeed!! pregnancy is one thing that even beats the achilles injuries ;)

I reckon both of us must be kidding ourselves with these 0.3 & 0.5kg weight losses. Time for us to pull our socks up missy

Anonymous said...

I reckon a 0.5 loss for Miners was pretty weak ;-)

TA and the Gnome said...

Not a happy pregnant person?? How happy a non-running person would you be now?? :-) Never know, you might just find it a bit different this time (says he blithely, knowing he ain't the one who has to find out...)

As for the cold, dark mornings, I find that going to bed anticipating the morning's run generally helps (though it isn't a sure-fire solution - I slept in the other morning :-0 )

Gnome

Tesso said...

How exciting, thinking about expanding the family! Though I think I'm going to have to get Clairie to have a chat to you :)

Bennyr said...

Having just held the water bottle through a pregnancy I don't blame you.

I can see how the motivation must be difficult when you might have to stop training for an extended period.

It might be an idea to think about it like this: "If I'm not running for a year I'm going out with a bang!" - that was the approach I took when I thought I might have to scale my training right back when John was born.

Peterhorse said...

running more seems to improve weight loss, increases health, makes one better looking, and give a sense of achievement - how could you not dive out of bed every second day for it? hehe...now we know the real reason ;-)
to deal with cold i go to bed dressed in my running gear...but then again, we are not expaning our family ;-)