Sunday 15 April 2007

9km, restored confidence

This morning's run was good. A touch over 9km at 1:05. We walked a bit at the end because it was the 3rd bridge crossing we'd done and right at the end and I was feeling lazy. So talking to Lisa this morning about what my goals should be for next week we decided that a realistic 'A' goal would be to come in at under 1:15, hopefully closer to the 1:05 or 1:10 mark ... watch this space!!!

'B' goal is just to finish!!!! :)

I told Lisa I would leave my watch at home and she was only to tell me the time/pace about 2k from home if we were going to make a good time!

I don't want to get hung up on the time, it's not the reason I'm doing this race, we'll focus on that at the 10 at the GCM. I've done absolutely no speed work in all the running I've ever done, so hopefully there will be some big improvements by the GCM in whatever the time ends up being on sunday.

Anyway, it was a good run that left me feeling happy and confident about next week!

Planning to get to the city at 7am next Sunday, and go and hang out with the CR cheersquad for a little while before heading over to the race start. Should be a good way to distract the nerves!!

Only one run planned for this week - probably on Tuesday morning, an easy 5k, some gym work on Monday, Wed and Thurs, resting Fri and Sat (kinda makes me laugh ... resting!!! It's not like I'm running a marathon!!)

Just have to wait and see what the weather is going to be like - if it's fine I'll wear my white and blue singlet, if it's raining it'll be the dark blue one ;)

Bring on Sunday!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

You go GIRL!!!

I never had any doubt. Looking forward to next week's post!

MorseyRuns said...

My BF constantly reminds me that I am not in the Olympics when I am taking the running thing seriously- but I don't care, for me it is just as important! Taper with confidence and don't worry about taking it seriously.

Peterhorse said...

See, always good things after those bad sessions. you can do 9k measn you can do 10k. i've got money on you.
enjoy the week lead up to your first fun run....make sure have fun of course...see you there.

Kathy said...

Sarah, that sounds like a great run, and I'm glad you had it so soon after the horror stairs! You've found a great running partner in Lisa. :-)

I think it's a great idea to rest. I did, and I really enjoyed my run on Saturday as a result of it.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and I look forward to reading all about it.