Saturday 21 April 2007

one more sleep

... I hope it's a good one - I've got to be up a little earlier than I'm used to!! :)

Nothing to report. Glad it's Sunday tomorrow. I'll be back with a race report tomorrow afternoon. I'm glad Lisa suggested we go there early to see and cheer for the Marathoners and HMers - I want to be able to feel like I'm giving something in return for all the lovely support I've had.

Thanks everyone for your comments & enocuragement - they really do mean a lot to me.

Thanks especially to Celeste and Kathy, who really inspired me to believe that *I* could do this. All those names on the sidebar there really are inspirational to me, in different ways, some of you I can realte to now, others of you I aspire to be even a little bit as good as you ... someday.

Tomorrow is like the first step towards a bigger goal, the 10 at the gold coast. I want to work on my speed over the next few weeks so I can totally smash whatever time I happen to run tomorrow.

My plan is to hopefully come in between 1:10 and 1:15. Anything under 1:10 I'll be really pleased about. Run without walking as much as I can,(which will mean I have to try very very hard to avoid a stitch), grit my teeth and run up those bridge crossings, and just have fun!

Went to pick up my race # today and caught the end of the under 15's 3k ... it was pretty exciting to see them coming down the finishing stretch - I still felt completely out of place there and like people were looking at me thinking "what's she doing here?" !! Silly, I know, but years of insecurities when it comes to the whole arena of sport aren't going to dissapear overnight.

I'm off to bed, hopefully I can sleep!! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! Someone slap me!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good luck Sarah. I'm sure you'll have a great time tomorrow. I look forward to reading your race report.

Hugs
Kathy

MorseyRuns said...

Good luck! I realise it is probably over now - but I am sure you did so well.