Thursday 26 April 2007

Not much to say really - went out for a 5k on Wednesday morning - had to keep telling myself this was supposed to be an easy recovery type run and not to push myself too hard! Found it quite an enjoyable run. I just did the usual 5k out and back route around my house - all down hill on the way out and all up hill on the way home. I'm finding I am capable of running a lot more than I used to on the route home (as opposed to the usual walk run walk run), so that made me happy.

Planning to head out tomorrow morning and time my 5k around the river by Yeronga so I can measure my improvements over the next couple of months before the GCM. I'm not expecting great times tomorrow - I haven't been going to the gym this week and then had last week not doing much before the 10k ... so I'll probably be a bit slow.

I've been feeling a bit bored with the gym lately & spoke to my PT about it - I decided to have a little gym holiday this week as a result. Also changing my schedule up a bit to try and combat the boredom. It's not just boredom, it's also a time management thing. I feel like I spend my life at the gym and the life/gym balance is out of whack, particularly on the days when Max is at Kindy and I go to the gym, come home, Maeve goes to sleep, she wakes up, has lunch and then we go get Max - I never get anything else done. So I've swapped my 1 day off gym to a thursday (which is a kindy day) which will hopefully allow me to get a few jobs done on the Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

I want to head out to the DFO and get some new running gear ... maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

miners said...

Hey is that the new DFO out at the airport?!? I went out there when I was up and bought a nifty l/sleeve Brooks running top. Cheap too. The running jackets were cheap also, but I don't like using them.

Thanks for your kind comments. I loved the kids' photo with great grandma too! by the way, for what it's worth, I hate gyms myself ;)