Tuesday 10 April 2007

Piker

I piked out of my 5k run this morning - Maeve woke up 3 times last night (not including the wake at 5:15am when I decided to turn the alarm off it's set time of 5:45am). So I decided I wouldn't get up and run this morning. Don't feel so guilty after back to back runs on Sun & Mon (normally I have a rest day between runs).

I can see as the weather gets colder it's going to be harder and harder to get up in the mornings.

I still have half an assignment to write.

Kathy, I just read on your blog about your planning a trip to QLD soon ... I left you a comment - if you want to & if you have time & are in the right location etc etc, please let's meet up for a run?

Gotta go, kids are playing their fav game of let's see how loud we can scream at each other and who has the highest pitch :0

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Ahhh children. What would you do without them??????

Don't worry about missing your run. Running two days in a row is harder than you think - but your body tends to remind you even though you don't realise.

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your last few posts ... OMG ... IMF brings back fond (!) memories of my senior years doing economics - didn't help much either .... lol

Unexpected rest days happen .... not much you can do.

Take care

Eat Em

Sarah said...

Ahhhh, Celeste, I love my kids, but don't get me started on the list of things I could do without them!!!!! :-)

Kathy said...

Hi Sarah, sounds like a great idea. My parents are staying at Burleigh Heads and will have a car up there, so I'm sure I can get myself to Brisbane one day. I'm there for the week after Mother's Day. Contact me via catseye139@hotmail.com and we'll sort it out. :-)

Anonymous said...

It definately does get tough to get out as the weather turns. I'm getting the opposite effect over here and this morning heralded my first cheeky morning run before work. I love summer. Winter on the other hand plays havoc with running, I gave up on early morning runs and eventually persuaded myself to go out in the evenings but that just never feels right. I imagine its extra awkward with the kids though.