Thursday 5 April 2007

ahhh, I'm feeling a bit better today - I promise not to do that again. I was going to delete ... but part of me feels better having got that off my chest. It's just a bit personal though
Went for a run this morning and it was one of those runs where nothing felt right. I went out pretty hard to the half way mark (a lot of it down hill) but coming back was just horrible really. I would have loved to use a toilet and it was all uphill and I just couldn't find any rhythm and was really glad when I finally got back home. The big hill on the final home stretch felt terrible. It's quite steep and felt really jarring.
I missed my weights work out today because of the kindy hat parade and maeve needing to have a sleep before it.

And just becuase he's so cute, here's a pic of Max and his easter hat he made at kindy

and here's the latest addition to the family - Max's Guinea Pig, which he called "Lush", we got Maeve one too, we've called hers "pig pig" because that's what she calls them. They're quite cute and Max loves holding them. I've almost lost this one twice when he's made a dash for the fence and the bushes!!

I realised tonight that I can't go to the gym for my normal box class tomorrow because the gym is closed. Man, I was ticked off when I realised that - I was really looking forward to going. I'm not gonna run tomorrow. I'll probably leave it until Sunday morning - aiming for 7.2k run with vegie-girl around the river and southbank. After today's run I'm just not excited about the idea of getting out there again before Sunday.

Anyway, looks like the Lions are going to win, and ch 7 have delayed the coverage by an hour and I can't be stuffed staying up to watch it, I'm too tired.

Next Wed night I'm going with the brisbane coolrunners and Miners to dinner at Milton. Should be fun I think, I'm quite nervous if I think about it. I asked A if he wanted to come with me and he looked at me like I was very strange!! So I guess that's a no!

Hope everyone has a great easter, believe it or not I've left egg buying until the last minute and will have to brave the crowds on Saturday to get an easter egg or 2 for the kids. I must be mad.


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sarah, everybody leaves egg buying to the last moment. Well, the vast majority of people do - if you buy them early, you end up eating them!

Max looks adorable in his Easter hat.

I hate those days when exercise just feels like hard work. I don't know what causes it, but the other day I just couldn't face doing an abs exercise that I'm doing really easily now. The problem with running outside is you have to get back to where you started / left the car / live / etc etc. At least on a treadmill you can hit the Stop button.

Still, my personal philosophy is that any exercise you do when you don't feel like it is worth twice as much!

MorseyRuns said...

I love the photos- how cute is Max- and Lush! And good luck with the egg buying- humpty dumpty is always my favourite.

Celeste said...

A bit late with my comment - have been wallowing in my own self pity. I understand about the eating - I, too, consider myself fairly intelligent but food is my downfall. If only it wasn't so yummy!!! I think once the desire to lose weight overcomes the yummy taste of the food, the rest is easy. let me know when you work it out......