Saturday 13 January 2007

calorieKing

ok, so I'm doing this for the CalorieKing 'university'

They have these categories of reasons people want to lose weight and you're supposed to write a bit about each category ...

Health - this is important to me because I was borderline GDB with Maeve and I don't want to develop health problems because of this, also with my PCOS I know I'm at increased risk of diabetes. I want to be around and active to see my grandchildren.

Appearance, Self Confidence & Self-esteem - I'm grouping these because for me they're all linked. Whilst my appearance is important to me and I do care what others think of me, it's not the be all and end all. I know by looking better I'll feel more self-confident and have higher self esteem. I'll feel more attractive and more loveable, even though I know I'm loved anyway.

Energy - this is really important to me. I want to have the desire and energy to go outside and play with the kids and to get all the things done I want to do in a day/week etc ...

Self-control - I love the feeling of empowerment I get when I know I've eaten well for a week and will have a good result on the scales because of it. The self control to stay at the gym for that extra 15 minutes ...

Ability to engage in more physical activities - see 'energy'. The feeling of being more confident with sports is important to me too - my entire life I've felt out of place on the sports field.

Social acceptance - I feel like I'm at a point where I'm losing weight for me, not for anyone else. So I don't feel that this is too important to me. Sure, it's a little important, everyone wants to be accepted, but it's not the reason I'm losing weight.

Special occasion - I don't have a special occasion coming up that I'm working for, although I'd like to turn 31 and not be fat, I'd like to be eager to be in the family Christmas photos this year. I'd also like to be confident that I can look nice going to any wedding/party or special occasion

Some extra info: calories burned per hour based on my height, weight and age
Elliptical Trainer 508
Rower, Stationary 4 kph 182
Rower, Stationary 7.5 kph 290
Rower, Stationary 11 kph 472
Rower, Stationary 15 kph 581
Spinning 726
Cleaning House 218
Gardening 290
Jogging 5 kph 240
Jogging 5.5 kph 276
Jogging 6 kph 290
Jogging 6.5 kph 363
Jogging 7 kph 436
Jogging 7.5 kph 566
Jogging 8 kph 581
Jogging 8.5 kph 622
Boxing 653
Free Weights, light 218
Free Weights, vigorous 436
machine, light 218
machine, vigorous 436
Walking, Treadmill / Uphill 1.5 kph 145
Walking, Treadmill / Uphill 2 kph 182
Walking, Treadmill / Uphill 2.5 kph 218
Walking, Treadmill / Uphill 3 kph 240
Walking, Treadmill / Uphill 3.5 kph 276
Walking, Treadmill / Uphill 4 kph 363

No comments: