Saturday 13 January 2007

I write too much ...

Anyway, went to the gym on Friday and did my 15 minutes cardio before my box class. Did the treadmill walking for 1min, running for 1 minute thing. Pretty good. Went to the room for my class and the instructor had gone home sick and the guy who runs/owns the gym had come in to take it, but there were only 2 of us who turned up for the class. The attendence at this class fluctuates and towards the end of last year there would be only 3 of us most Friday's. Anyway, they won't run a class unless there's at least 3 or 4 people to do the class so Wes suggested he take us through a cardio circut instead.

At first I was reluctant, probably only because I love the box class, but Wes showed me how to use the rower, which I've been avoiding the whole time I've been going to the gym because I didn't know how to use it. (Yes, I know I could have asked someone to show me, but I didn't!). It's one of the higher intensity cardio machine, full body workout, great for legs and arms, and I found it relatively easy to use. I'm going to aim to get my speed down to between 2min and 2.5min over a 500m distance. Yesterday I was at an average of 3min. So I ended up doing 15 min on the rower and a total of about 1hr 15min cardio all up, so that was a great workout.

I was starving all day on Friday. Don't know if it was the workout or what, but I just wanted to eat all day.

We went out to the movies on Friday night (eventful - you can read about it over on my other blog when I get around to it) and ended up having Baskin Robins after - have I said how much I LOVE ice cream? Naughty, I know, but we hardly go out and it was a bit of a special treat.

Got on the scales this morning and it's siting at 79 (and that was after breakfast - I normally never weigh myself unless it's first thing in the morning before I drink or eat anything and after a trip to the toilet!!!) - so if that keeps up I can expect a 1kg loss at least on Tuesday .... woo hoo!!

Check out the link to the CalorieKing on the sidebar - I think this is going to be a favourite favourite of mine! I have some questions about long low intensity exercise vs shorter high intensity ... getting conflicting advice at the gym and while I'm inclined to listen mostly to Drew, would like to do my own research ... perhaps this site can help, will bel ooking elsewhere too.

Oh, re the WW kick start plan - nope, I don't know anything either, was hoping someone else might - I don't want to go back to ww just to find out about it, it's their way of sucking you back in and giving them all your money - not that I think ww doesn't work - it does, I lost 13 kg with WW before Max was born, I just think I can do it on my own this time ...

Dinner's ready (must remind myself I don't need a huge bowl of spaghetti - 2 words - PORTION CONTROL!), enough babble ...

S

No comments: