Wednesday 3 January 2007

A new year, a new me

Yeah, I know I know ... everyone starts the new year with a goal to loose weight ...

For the past 6 months I've been a member of a local gym- and have actually been going - seriously too - I've been going at least 3 times most weeks, only not going when I was sick. I even scaled back on social committments to make sure I was at the gym as many mornings as I could be without going insane! I've even been doing Personal Training (PT) sessions and had intentions to loose weight ... but of course, that didn't happen.

Towards the end of the year I started to dispair at my hopelessness and how pathetic I was feeling. I mean, who goes to the gym for 6 mths and doesn't lose a single kilo? Not surprising as I didn't really change my eating habits for the better and made all sorts of excuses for myself ("but I can eat more because I'm burning more energy" was the favourite!).

I think before now it was all for other people. Towards Christmas I came to this realisation: I didn't really want to lose weight. So now, it's for me - no one else. I want to feel comfortable, healthy, sexy and happy.

I have 12 weeks left of my gym membership - I have 11 PTs left. So I have 12 weeks to prove to myself that I CAN DO THIS.

Yesterday I started my better eating plan. 'A' got me the CSIRO2 book for Christmas and it has some really yummy recipes in it. I'm doing a mix of the CSIRO plan and a bit of WW - I hope the combination works! I just don't understand why you have to have the oil and a few other things. Will have to check out their website - they have some good downloadable trackers etc ...

Anyway, so so far so good. I'm not really getting hungry, so I suppose that's good. It seems a lot of meat though, but I like meat so I can handle that!

I got on the scales on Tuesday morning and was 80.8kg - at my heaviest before M was born I was 81kg - so that was depressing.

So here's to new year's resolutions, and change for the better.

I'm not sure who will read this - words of encouragement will be welcomed!

S

A pic of me - taken earlier this year - but I don't really look that different ...


1 comment:

Sarah said...

yeah no worries Dee, link away.