Thursday 25 January 2007

exercise good - food pffft!

Well, I feel like I've been slogging my guts out at the gym, in a good sense. Went to my Spin class on Wed after doing 20 min of cardio before hand and found the spin class not too bad this time. I'm working really hard, feeling like I'm getting fitter and stronger - I can notice it, even over a period of a week. Jogging on my 'days off' ... but I go and sabotage my good work with bad eating. Nothing major, not like I'm going on big binges and eating whole tubs of ice-cream, packets of biscuits, half a dozen donuts (yep, I've done all those things in the past), but just little things, like eating a giant freddo today ... :(

I don't know why I do it. After all the hard work I do ...

My diet is better than it was, I suppose that's a plus, but there's still too much percentage of it that is coming from fats and carbs. I really need to pull my socks up. Next week that's going to be my goal - forget the water drinking - I manage that fine - I need to seriously look at my diet and reasses my eating.

I'm not expecting a loss this week ... again.

Congratulations to Lisa for your 1.1 loss this week - good on you. The girls from 3AS have started filling in their details on our spreadsheet - hope to see some good progress there.

Anyway, must stay positive. We have a BBQ at some friend's place tomorrow afternoon - will have to resist the temptaion of desserts and fattening food, should be plenty of good options though.

I'm feeling great about the gym work and the exercise - I know I've liften my game - I just need to get my butt into gear and eat better ... Speaking of butt's - off to watch Federer finish kicking Roddick's.

No comments: